Your Total Event Score will be made up of individual elements combined together. These include:
BATTLE POINTS (45% of Total Event Score)
There will be three possible outcomes of each game you play:
In addition, each scenario will have secret missions which will allow you to earn bonus points
APPEARANCE (30% of Total Event Score)
Your army painting will be judges using a painting checklist. Painting scores will be determined by the counting of the following elements
- Basic Painting Techniques, including but not limited to three color minimum, shading and highlighting
- Advanced Painting Techniques, including but not limited to picking out of details, blending, free hand
- Unified painting styles and color choices
- Basing, including but not limited to use of multiple basing materials, colors, and unified appearance
- Conversions, including but not limited to weapon swaps, minor and major sculpting, and appropriateness
- Your Special Objective Marker
- Any Display base you bring for your army
Note: Not all of the above items will need to be included (with the exception of at least 3 color minimum painting and the special objective marker), however the more that are included the better the overall painting score.
SPORTSMANSHIP (15% of Total Event Score)
After each game you will rate your opponent on the following checklist:
- My opponent was prepared for the game (books, dice, tape measure, army list, pen, etc.).
Rules issues were handled in a mature way.
My opponent played at timely pace (no slow play, understanding of rules, bathroom breaks, etc.).
My opponent played to the spirit of the game or objectives of the game.
I would voluntarily play against my opponent again.
I would voluntarily play against my opponent’s army list again.
THEME (10% of Total Event Score)
Your army will be judged based on theme criteria such as:
- Your written army theming description
- Creation of a force which is historically relevant
- Selection of appropriate mixtures of infantry, artillery, and vehicles
- Selection of appropriate troop morale categories
TIE BREAKER VOTES
At the end of the tournament, players will be asked to rank their opponents 1 through 5 and to select a favorite army (doesn’t have to be someone they played). These votes will be used to break ties.